Bluewater Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trash

+2
pamwent
Jim Kundreskas
6 posters

Go down

trash Empty trash

Post  Jim Kundreskas Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Several years ago, multiple trash cans were placed throughout Bluewater to cut down on the horrible litter found throughout the community.
I believe, to a degree, they worked. Now, removed for just about a week, I have already observed more litter, along our streets and in the nearby woods, including doggy droppings all over the marina area, and I'd like to know why those cans were removed. As a dog owner, I'd also like to know who isn't picking up after their own animals (although I {very} often see a German shepherd and a few other dogs running loose down near our fishing platform). Yes, I admit it was easier to do with a trash can handy, but now to ignore that duty is a terrible practice on so many fronts.
Anway, in reading over the BPOA minutes, the most recent on this website from last March (today is June 19), it appeared our president was looking into hiring a firm to remove the trash from the cans. What happened to that idea? I personally took care of the trash can down at the Marina for six years and know Jim Boulden did a similar job on the one at the beach for even longer than that. I find it hard to believe that you all can't find a couple of new trash volunteers today in a community that has grown so significantly in the past few years to keep those trash cans emptied in a timely manner. I heard somewhere that somebody did volunteer to do the one by the launch near the Rt. 719 Bridge. Did they quit already? These cans were convenient for many community members (including my own family) and helped keep this whole place looking better. I, for one, would like to see them back in place. Really, how hard did you look for volunteers? Were any doors actually knocked on or new residents personally approached?
Also, if you were entertaining the idea to pay an outside firm to remove the trash, why not offer a similar money deal to one of our residents that is out of work or just somebody who could use a little extra money?
And, how come I still have to write these kinds of notes under "upcoming events?" Isn't about time we get to have a true, real discussion forum here?
Hey, it could be fun.
Jim Kundreskas

Jim Kundreskas

Back to top Go down

trash Empty Trash

Post  pamwent Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:33 am

Jim, at the Annual Meeting, it was the strong consensus of those present to remove the trash cans. " How come " it is the responsibility of anyone in this community to be the garbage collectors? It's too bad you weren't at the meeting to voice your opinion on the matter.

I don't know why you can't post a suggestion. I have enabled that permission for all members and it seems to be working as I just checked. Perhaps you aren't clicking the right button.

Pam

pamwent

Back to top Go down

trash Empty Trash Can Removal

Post  Ann at Fishanna Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:35 am

Yes Jim, community trash cans have been a topic of discussion for several years. Several volunteers have emptied them and, as you know, it is not a pleasant job with "dog poop" and other various items inside. The volunteer for Lot 54 changed the bag once, left the trash on another neighbor's porch to dispose of it. Kevin Muehlhauser has also emptied many a can but a working single parent has just so much time.

Unfortunately, several members of the community took advantage of the convenience of the cans, mostly the users of the Marina. As a previous dog owner, it is convenient to throw the "poop" bag in a community can, but why can't the Owner take the bag to their own home trash can? As Pam mentioned this topic was brought up at the general membership meeting and consensus without a doubt was "remove".

As for more litter along our road.....has there never been a Monday morning that we haven't picked up drink containers and cigarette packs on the road with or without the community trash cans in place? Thus far, you are the only community member, outside the general membership meeting, to voice an opinion on this matter. Are you volunteering to empty the cans if they were to be put back in place at the Marina? Ann Boulden

Ann at Fishanna

Back to top Go down

trash Empty Re: trash

Post  Privy Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Thank you for bringing up the minutes. When will we be seeing them on the website?

Privy

Back to top Go down

Post  privy2 Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:22 am

I agree with the notion of using volunteers or paying someone within the community who is without work. That seems like a great idea. I'd love to know if that was discussed at the meeting. Of course the minutes are still not on the website.

privy2

Back to top Go down

trash Empty trash

Post  Website Coordinator Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:40 am

Privy 2, who are you? One of the requirements for being able to partake of this webiste's discussion board is to identify yourself with a user name that is obviously you as a member of this association.

First you registered as [privy and I banned you after I was unable to identify who you were. Now you are back as privy2 and I will be banning that name as well until you tell me who you are.

The trash problem has been discussed and re-discussed as nauseum by the Board. First of all, here is the reason the minutes have not been posted: Bill Oldfather is our recording secretary and as a volunteer, has not had the time to get them written up as he works full-time and has been busy with projects at his house. He has apologized to the Board for the delay and will be getting them written up as soon as possible. The Board will then have to approve the draft until formal acceptance can be taken at the next meeting.

I understand that members want to see the minutes and it is not that we don't want the membership to see the minutes as soon as possible. However, we do have a procedure to follow so that the minutes don't get posted with misleading or incorrect info and theefore, we all need to see them, compare to our notes, and make any necessary changes - names misspelled, etc.

We discussed numerous solutions, etc to the the trash problem over the last several years. It was discussed again at the annual meeting and of those present a large majority said - take them away and let people take their own trash home with them. Why should anyone in this community be someone else's garbage collector? Especially considering the gross, disrespectful, and unhealthy condition the whole process leads to.

The trash cans are gone; please take your own trash home with you and discard of it as you do your household trash - which hopefully is not on the common areas of your community. Which is called littering - which is illegal.

Again, identify who you are is you wish to participate in this discussion forum. Thank you.

Pam Wentworth, aka Head Honcho.

Website Coordinator
Admin

https://bluewaterlakeanna.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  privy2 Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Sorry to offend. I wasn't aware of the rule about having a name that identified you. I am Kim Gerlach. Nice to meet you all.

Last edited by privy2 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

privy2

Back to top Go down

trash Empty Ridiculous

Post  privy2 Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Now that my wife has obliged your standards as to 'how to post' correctly, I have a few concerns of my own...
Oh by the way, I'm Darren Gerlach Lot 6.
I've yet to see (and maybe I've overlooked seeing it on here) in your list of 'requirements' anything about identifying yourself. How is your name 'Head Honcho' so obvious to who you are or is it just very telling? (I don't buy the story BTW.) I believe you've established the message board and the reasoning of not posting the meeting minutes, just like a dictatorship. The truth is no one needs to get 'approval' for stating either verbally or literally what transpired during a 'supposedly open meeting.' The fact that there are so many steps to either voice your opinion or hear someone else's opinion is of grave concern to anyone who wishes to 'freely' discuss the business of the community at large. The 'controlling nature' of a few in this community is beyond absurd and shows the ridiculousness of the 'old boys club' that has been established. The bullying only culminates into 'less participation' for fear of retribution which I'm guessing you'll say is the opposite of your intent.

privy2

Back to top Go down

Post  Website Coordinator Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:01 pm

I requested that people who sign up for the forum choose a user name that identified who they were in a recent newsletter. Again at the annual meeting I made the same request. I read out the names of those whom I couldn't verify. Some people came forward and others did not. So the ones that I couldn't identify I finally banned.

I have changed my name from Head Honcho to Website Coordinator. Even though I have explained and identifed myself in the newsletter and through postings on the website, it apparently offends some people. I belong to a another website where the administrator calls herself head honcho and, forgive me. I thought it was cute.

I suggest you attend some board meetings - or maybe even the annual meeting - so that you can decide with factual information your opinion of the members of the board and their intentions. All future meetings of the board are listed in each newsletter and on the calendar feature of the website. The next newsletter will be sent to you on or about Sept 1.

Thank you,

Pam

Website Coordinator
Admin

https://bluewaterlakeanna.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum